2007-03-26

SOCIAL BOOKMARKING

Photo from flickr

I love bookmarks - real ones I mean! I have never considered collecting them but I should as I own a great huge! When I read the e-tivity of the week I did not know what
social bookmarking did mean that's why I started surfing the net in order to get more information about it. So I learnt that it is a very useful and popular tool that allows you to store, classify and share sites you think are interesting or you might have difficulty finding again. Moreover, social bookmarking is more selective than search engines like google because people have already evaluated the sites!

One of the most well-known social bookmarking websites is del.icio.us. - a quite easy site to browse although it took me some time to get used to it because I am not very good with computers! Once you signed in you can search the information you need by typing keywords - called tags - and look around if some sites match your request. As all the sites show how many people saved them on their favorites you can easily assess their reliability.

But what is more is that social bookmarking has several advantages. First of all you do not need your own browser as you can get your bookmarks from everywhere - home, school, office. Second you can create your network where you can add people's names who might have found sites you really like. Third the whole website is userfriendly so it won't take you too much time to get used to it!

Some sites that might help you with your English are: language teaching, slang, listening, writing, pronunciation, essay writing, meeting friends online, misunderstandings
I wrote some notes on them that you can check on del.icio.us.

alexandra